Green Lantern July 2014 Solicitations Green Lantern Interviews From Around The Web SATURDAY SHOWCASE : Cool Green Lantern Fan Artwork From Around The Web Green Lantern Toys And Collectibles CHARACTER CLOSE-UP : Learn All About The Green Lantern Characters

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Interview: Joshua Hale Fialkov And Allessandro Vitti On 'Red Lanterns'



From MTV Geek

Joshua Hale Fialkov is doing double-duty in the Green Lantern universe, with his newly-announced runs on "Green Lantern Corps" and "Red Lanterns." Joining him is hot up-and-coming artist Alessandro Vitti. Hear from both about what we can expect from everybody's favorite rage-filled Lanterns!

Joshua Hale Fialkov Interview:

GEEK: What is the essence of the Red Lanterns, in your opinion? Are they fun to write?

JOSHUA HALE FIALKOV: Y'know, for me, what I love about them is that they aren't wrong. Their methodology might be repugnant, but, they get results in a way that the GLC can't. They're, for lack of a better word, proactive. They're getting out there and actually saving people AND meting out justice in their own way. That's a lot of what's going on in our version of the book. And, yeah, they're so much fun to write, because they're amorality comes in the form of one of the most dangerous weapons on earth. What could be better?

GEEK: You're also the new writer of Green Lantern Corps. Is it hard to switch gears between the two books?

FIALKOV: I look at both books as flip sides of the same coin. I mentioned proactivity before, the other word I like to use (much to DC chagrin, I'm sure) is Prophylactic. The RL's prevent atrocities, while the GLC serves as an analgesic, treating the after effects. And, there's a lot to be said for both sides of the argument, right? The RL's are reactive... hell, they're OVER-reactive, in a way that the GLC is UNDER-reactive, but the concept of justice is much more in the GLC's court.

GEEK: Will we see crossovers and/or a more integrated continuity between RL and GLC?

FIALKOV: You will. My original pitch was to tell one story from two sides. My focus in both books is going to be on how these two groups co-exist, and how each one creates problems for the others. And, coming right out of the gate, we're doing a story that weaves it's way tightly through both books.

GEEK: Who is your favorite RL?

FIALKOV: I mean, obviously, it's Dex-Starr, right? Well, of the pre-existing ones. We've got a brand new Red Lantern coming aboard that's going to upset a LOT of people. Can't wait to dig into it.

GEEK: Are there any surprises in store for Red Lanterns that you can tease for fans?

FIALKOV: Well, our protaganist is NOT Atrocitus, and I'm going to be getting rid of a lot of the, shall we say, disadvantages that the RL's have when you compare them to the GLC. It's going to be a whole new book, and I can not WAIT to see what people think.

Allessandro Vitti Interview:

GEEK: Have you ever been a fan of the Green Lantern books?

ALLESSANDRO VITTI: I am a fan of the World of Green Lantern, I'm following in Italy and it's great to for me to get on board this team! I also have a favourite Green Lantern!
But, I prefer I don’t say it now!

GEEK: You draw the Red Lantern "anger vomit" strange, or have you gotten used to it?

VITTI: This is strange and repulsive, but it's genius as a methodology for the way they act to change things. Graphically I hope to give a good solution to stuff.

GEEK: Who is your favorite Red Lantern to draw?

VITTI: I love Atrocitus, whose helmet reminds me of that of Greek soldiers and Spartans. In my mind, He is a gladiator or a greek warrior that wants to change the world with his extreme method. He’s extreme, but I’d like to see him positive.

GEEK: Describe the process of working relationship with Joshua.

VITTI: Working with Joshua will be exciting, and I hope not to disappoint his expectations and those of readers. Joshua is doing a great job on both the books and it will be interesting for me to be his artistic support for his prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...