Monday, April 22, 2013
Green Lantern 2 Part Of WB's Plans?
With the release of the Man of Steel coming soon, and recent the head of WB movies, Jeff Robinov, stating that news about their DC characters would be announced soon, it looks as if information is starting to trickle out of Warner Bros.
Our DC Entertainment source contacted us about updates following the Justice League Movie.
The source notes this is the plan at the moment, but we'll have to see what develops.
• If the Justice League movie becomes a worldwide hit, then expect production on The Flash, Green Lantern 2, Wonder Woman and The Batman to speed up 100 fold.
• Darren Aronofsky is still touted within WB's halls for the Batman reboot.
• Joseph Kosinski is apparently the no. 1 choice for a second Green Lantern film with his work on Tron: Legacy the key factor and his expertise with CGI.
• The plan is still for 2016 to host Justice League.
• 2017 is a "World's Finest" year of Man of Steel 2 and The Batman.
• Expect movies every year after Justice League.
The future will tell how much truth there is in this but GL fan's can hope.