Green Lantern July 2014 Solicitations Green Lantern Interviews From Around The Web SATURDAY SHOWCASE : Cool Green Lantern Fan Artwork From Around The Web Green Lantern Toys And Collectibles CHARACTER CLOSE-UP : Learn All About The Green Lantern Characters

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

VAN JENSEN & CHARLES SOULE TAKE OVER GREEN LANTERN BOOKS


From CBN.com

The last couple of days saw creative changes abound at DC Comics with the exits of Andy Diggle from Action Comics and Joshua Hale Fialkov from both Green Lantern Corps and Red Lanterns.

While that may leave a sour taste in some people's mouth, at least it won't be for long as already DC Comics has announced the new creative teams to replace them.

Van Jensen will be the new writer on Green Lantern Corps with GL writer Robert Venditti co-plotting.

Red Lanterns will be taken over by the new writer on Swamp Thing, Charles Soule.


Josh Fialkov did offer the following statement via his blog (via CBR):

There were editorial decisions about the direction of the book that conflicted with the story I was hired to tell, and I felt that it was better to let DC tell their story the way they want. I’m grateful for the opportunity and I’ll miss working with the entire Green Lantern team.
This was not an easy decision to make emotionally or financially, but, I’m sure it was the right decision for both me, and for the Green Lantern books. The outpouring of support, your kind words and well wishes means so much to me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...